Headed by the District Education Officer
Ms Joyce Lanyero
To have a literate community where reading is acceptable as a daily activity for pleasure and communiation for everyone.
To Support, Guide, Coordinate and promote provision of quality education and sports to all persons in Amuru District.
- To strengthen inclusive education to all gender and special needs
- To improve the quality of games, sporting and recreational activities.
- To enhance community involvement and participation in education.
- To increase the number of children between 3-5 years attending pre-school programmes.
- To enhance vocational skills among youth for self reliance.
- To increase proportion of students enrollment and retention in secondary schools.